We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of our customer relationship, particularly regarding the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” (hereafter “PIPEDA”) and corresponding provincial privacy legislation.
Depending on what information you provide or preferences you select, “VISIONS” may collect personal information, which includes such things as your name, address, age, date of birth, gender as well as your opinions, preferences, and purchase patterns.
- We use your data based on your express or implied consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time on reasonable notice to us. However, your right to withdraw consent is subject to legal and contractual restrictions. You may not withdraw your consent if the consent is necessary for us to perform our contracted services with you or if it is necessary for us to perform other legal obligations that we have in respect of our business with you.
- Information we obtain from third parties or publicly available sources where our use of the personal information obtained through the publicly available source complies with the regulatory restrictions under “PIPEDA”.
- Data you provide us when you sign up for our services, like your name, your address, your email address, your telephone number, and other information.
- Data we collect about you when you visit our Site, using cookies to provide you with a user-friendly, safe and effective website and to tailor our services to your needs and interests.
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary, to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to fulfil legal obligations, or as permitted by law. Afterwards, we will delete your personal information. The individual retention periods depend on the type of personal information and the purpose of its processing.
“PIPEDA” grants you the right to and applicable provincial privacy laws and regulations to:
- File a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, or, for personal information that is collected strictly within a province, to the applicable provincial privacy commissioner.
- Be informed about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information by “VISIONS”.
- Obtain a copy of your personal information.
- Access personal information held about you by VISIONS, including information such as, for example, the source and the categories of the data, the purposes of the processing, the recipients (categories thereof) and the respective retention periods.
- Request the update or correction of your personal information so that it is accurate and complete.
We take all appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational precautions and measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We are not authorized to distribute or sell your personal information to third parties. However, certain private information may be disclosed to our partners for the sole purpose of servicing the account or fulfilling our legal obligations.
A cookie is a small file recorded on your computer or mobile device and allows the Site to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. The cookie used permits to the Site to adapt based on your interests.